Slowly but surely, life is getting back to a bit of normality in most places across the country. We are currently living ‘the new normal’, and for most of us, this means that face masks have become our new wardrobe staple. Re-usable masks are a popular option for many – not only are they better for the environment as they can be washed and used again, but they are much more stylish.
Where do I need to wear a mask?
- On public transport. This includes everything from trains and planes to taxis, buses and tubes.
- In the shops. If you visit the supermarket or a shopping centre, you are required to wear a mask at all times.
- At the hairdressers or beauty salon. Most places are now back up and running, with nail bars, hairdressers and beauty salons welcoming customers back – but you need to wear a mask for the duration of your treatment.
- Basically any public place where you will be indoors! This rule goes for everywhere from the cinema and libraries to hotel receptions, places of worship and theatres.
Wearing a face mask is all about being responsible and keeping safe, but why not make it stylish? To give you all the inspo you need, we’ve rounded up our favourite ways to wear our range of masks below. Still yet to buy one for yourself? Shop our collection of re-usable face masks HERE.
Grey Face Mask
For some serious style points, pair our grey face mask with similar darker colour palettes. We’re obsessed with this leopard print smock top from Limited Collection, as you can make it work for casual days or amp up your look to evening glam with heels and accessories.
Black Face Mask
Our black face mask can be easily paired with anything in your wardrobe, and this style is perfect if you want to go for a dressier outfit but still need to carry a mask. Make it glam and team yours with this Limited Collection organza sleeve top, ripped jeans and heels.
Pink Face Mask
Who doesn’t love a touch of pink? Make it a match made in heaven by pairing our pink face mask with these jogger shorts. In a dreamy tie dye print with an elasticated waistband, they are the ultimate loungewear essential for your casual collection.
How To Wear Makeup With Your Face Mask
Whether you’re a full-glam-every-day kind of girl or prefer to opt for a more minimal look, it’s no secret that pairing a mask with a fresh face of makeup does present some challenges. With face masks now compulsory in most places across the country, you might be wondering how to keep your makeup looking flawless when you are wearing one. Luckily, our Yours Clothing makeup artist and beauty queen Lydie has all the advice and tips you need for long-lasting makeup when wearing a mask:
- Prime your face and remember to set! “The key to a lasting base is all about prep, so apply a primer after moisturising and your makeup will have something to stick to. When you’ve finished your applying your makeup, spray your face with setting spray to keep your look in place.”
- Apply your lipstick when you arrive. “There’s no point in putting on lipstick to then wear your mask over the top – it will smudge quickly and gloss will stick. Leave this step out at home and apply lipstick when you get to wherever you’re going so it stays perfect.”
- Focus on your eyes. “All the attention is going to be on the top half of your face, so why not make your eyes and brows pop? Go for a classic smokey eye or experiment with colour – express yourself and have fun with it!”
- Remember your skincare. “Wearing a mask over makeup can be bad for your skin and could cause you to break out in spots. Make sure you really look after your skin after you have been wearing the two together – and wash your mask regularly to get rid of bacteria.”
Have you shopped for your re-usable face mask yet? Head over to our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and show us how you’re styling yours using the hashtag #ThisIsYours for a chance to be featured.